Foster_Now_black_HRWhen unaccompanied child refugees make their own way to the UK, they are cared for by social services. If you are interested in giving a home to an unaccompanied child refugee, then you will need to become a registered foster carer.

Foster carers are incredibly important to all children in care, whether they are British children or unaccompanied child refugees. While challenging, it can be a very rewarding role and it’s the only way in which to help unaccompanied child refugees who make it to Britain.

More information on becoming a foster carer with West Berks Council can be found here.