If you would like to volunteer, please message our Facebook page for more information.
You can also subscribe to events on our Facebook page to find out about upcoming volunteer opportunities.
We’re asking people to register their willingness to help with:
- our core team, organising volunteers and helping with our work supporting local resettlement.
- collecting donated items
- sorting donated items
- transporting donated items (both within West Berkshire and occasionally further afield)
- hosting and homing refugees and asylum seekers. At present there is no need for refugees coming directly from camps around Syria to be hosted with local residents, but this may change in future. If you have stand alone accommodation that could be used by refugees, please let us know. Emergency accommodation for refugees who have made their own way here and destitute asylum seekers is sometimes needed, as well as linking up refugees with local people who can support them. This can mean the difference between a refugee being on the streets or in detention! Find out more here.
- welcoming, befriending and mentoring refugees and asylum seekers.
- teaching English to refugees and asylum seekers.
- other translation work, such as English/Arabic and English/Greek.
If you are interested in volunteering abroad, see our Volunteer Abroad page for info.